Terms of Reference for the Patient Participation Group (PPG)
Aim of the Group
To represent the patients of Northfields Surgery and work alongside the partnership and practice staff to improve services to patients.
- The PPG is open to all patients, registered at the practice
- The patients that sign up to be part of the PPG must be committed to representing all patients and not the individual needs of the patients within the PPG.
- PPG members mus be committed to attending as many meetings as possible.
- The PPG will endeavour to make sure that members reflect the diversity of the practice population.
- A Chair, Vice-Chair and Secretary will be elected from the Group.
- A third of members shall form a quorum at meetings of the committee (once the group is large enough)
- Membership will be automatically terminated in the event of that member ceasing to be a patient.
The PPG will aim to:
- Act as an advisory group providing perspectives and concerns from patients that can influence how services operate, how accessible they are and how suitable they are for the patients.
- Advise the practice on how to improve communications with patients in the most beneficial way.
- To monitor complaints and comments received about the practice.
- To advise and act as a consultative group for any changes within the practice.
- To review the results of patient surveys and suggest changes where appropriate.
- The PPG will meet every quarter and these meetings, dates and times will be set in advance after the first initial meeting.
- Any member of the PPG who is unable to attend a meeting to send their apologies to the chair of PPG and Practice Manager of Northfields Surgery.
- The Practice Manager of Northfields Surgery to endeavour to attend all meetings and a GP will attend where practical, to present news of developments within the practice and to respond to issues raised by the PPG.
- Other members of staff of the practice and third parties may also be invited to attend.
- Minutes of the meeting will be sent to all members of the PPG as well as other communication areas, deemed appropriate.
- Minutes and notices to be shown on the Practice website, to ensure maximum patient contact, so all patients are kept informed.
Northfields Surgery Commitment
- Northfields Surgery will commit to the attending of the PPG Meetings.
- Northfields Surgery will take forward issues and recommendations from the PPG and supply the responses of actions taken as a result.
- Northfields Surgery will keep the PPG informed of service developments.
Contact the Patient Group
Contact the Patient Participation Group to join, or with any suggestions, comments and feedback for the forum meetings by completing the below form.